Carpet cleaning is an essential practice for businesses of all kinds. Floors are often the first thing people notice when entering a building and it’s never a good look to have stained, dirty carpets. It looks unprofessional, leads to unpleasant odours, and may even lead to an unproductive workforce.
Stains happen – it’s part of life! Businesses are certainly no different and the risk of stains – especially in areas with heavy footfall – is always there. Food, drink, oil, ink or general dirt will all cause mayhem for your carpets and over time will prevent them from looking their best. That’s why it’s crucial to know the proper prevention techniques and what to do in the event of spillage.
The Importance Deep Cleaning and Maintenance
There are a number of key factors that make carpet cleaning essential for businesses. Firstly deep cleaning removes dirt, dust, and allergens from your carpets – helping to improve the air quality in your business. This helps to reduce respiratory problems, allergies, and sinus issues for your employees and customers.
A cleaner working environment also makes for increased productivity amongst your employees. Studies have shown that employees who work in clean and well-maintained offices are more likely to be productive and satisfied with their work.
Another key reason for maintaining your carpets is to make for a more professional working environment. A more professional and inviting business is essential in attracting new customers and clients and creates a positive impression.
Lastly, regular carpet maintenance helps to extend the life of your carpet. Deep cleaning removes dirt and grime that can damage the fibres over time, particularly in areas with heavy footfall. Investing money now will reduce the risk of having to buy replacement carpets in the future.
Common Carpet Stains
Coffee is one of the most common stains found in a workplace as it is a popular beverage for many people. Coffee can be difficult to remove because it can quickly seep into the carpet fibres. Carpet stain removal on coffee related spillages are particularly difficult because it is mostly drunk hot and contains binding chemical compounds called tannins.
Ink stains are also common in offices as they can be caused by pens, markers, or printers. Ink stains are often difficult to remove, especially thick and greasy oil-based inks found in ballpoint pens. Water-based inks are generally easier to remove although can still be tricky.
Food and Drink
Food and drinks are another common source of stains in offices. These stains can be caused by spills, drips, or food that is dropped on the carpet. Food and drink stains can be difficult to remove, as they can contain grease, sugar, or other substances that can be difficult to break down.
Grease and Oil
Grease and oil stains can also be found in offices, as they can be caused by spills from food, cooking, or machinery. Grease and oil stains can be difficult to remove, as they can be difficult to break down.
Blood stains are less common in offices, but they can occur from accidents or injuries. Blood stains can be difficult to remove, as they can contain iron that can be difficult to break down.
Quick Tips for Immediate Stain Removal
Choosing the correct carpet cleaning method depends on the type of carpet and nature of the stain. Still, there are some basic tips that generally apply to all scenarios:
- Act quickly – The sooner you treat a stain, the easier it will be to remove.
- Blot, don’t rub – Rubbing can spread the stain and make it harder to remove.
- Use a clean white cloth – Coloured cloths can transfer dye to the carpet.
- Test the cleaner first – This will help you make sure the cleaner won’t damage your carpet.
- Allow the carpet to dry completely.
It helps to have a good knowledge of the main types of stains and what methods can be used to treat them.
- Food and drink stains – Blot up as much of the spill as possible with a clean, white cloth. Next, mix a solution of 1 tablespoon dishwashing liquid and 2 cups of warm water. Apply the solution to the stain and blot until it is removed.
- Grease and oil stains – Sprinkle the stain with baking soda and let it sit for 30 minutes. Then, vacuum up the baking soda and blot the stain with a clean, white cloth dampened with rubbing alcohol.
- Pet stains – Blot up as much of the urine or vomit as possible with a clean, white cloth. Then, mix a solution of 1 part white vinegar and 2 parts water. Apply the solution to the stain and blot until it is removed.
- Ink stains – Blot up as much of the ink as possible with a clean, white cloth. Then, apply a small amount of rubbing alcohol to a cotton swab and blot the stain. Be careful not to rub the ink into the carpet.
High Traffic Area Cleaning and Stain Prevention
- Installing doormats – Doormats can help to trap dirt and debris before it enters the building, which can help to prevent stains from forming on the carpet.
- Training employees on how to clean up spills – Employees should be trained on how to clean up spills immediately. This will help to prevent stains from setting into the carpet.
- Using a professional carpet cleaner and hoover on a regular basis – A professional carpet cleaner can remove dirt, stains, and other impurities from the carpet. This will help to keep the carpet looking its best and prevent stains from forming.
- Educate employees and customers about how to prevent stains – Employees and customers should be educated about how to prevent stains from forming on the carpet. This includes things like not wearing shoes inside, not eating or drinking on the carpet, and cleaning up spills immediately.
- Use coasters and mats under drinks and dishes. – This will help prevent spills from seeping into the carpet.
Hiring Professionals for Carpet Cleaning and Maintenance
Outsourcing your commercial carpet cleaning is a quick and simple way of keeping your workplace looking clean and hygienic. Professional carpet cleaners can clean your carpets more thoroughly than you can. They have access to commercial-grade cleaning machines and solutions that can remove deep-seated dirt and stains that you might not be able to get with a home vacuum cleaner.
Our professional carpet cleaners have the experience and expertise to clean your carpets properly. They know how to use the right cleaning products and equipment to remove dirt and dust without damaging your carpets. Professional cleaners also have experience in carpet stain removal to ensure your businesses’ flooring looks great for longer.
Carpet Cleaning for High Footfall Areas
LCS have the carpet cleaning skills and solutions you need to keep your workplace looking clean and hygienic. We have clients across a range of different industries – including industrial and commercial, office, education and more – and are capable of cleaning all kinds of carpets.
LCS uses carpet steam cleaning extraction method as this is one of the most effective ways of removing dirt and stains. This is the method recommended by upholstery manufacturers so you can be sure that it will not damage your carpets. Our equipment enables us to regulate the pressure and temperature of the cleaning agent, then we use a powerful industrial vacuum to give fantastic results.
We also offer a range of specialist treatments such as carpet and upholstery stain removal, chewing gum removal, anti-static treatment and infestation treatments. Our carpet cleaning services in Northampton are guaranteed to give your carpets a clean, hygienic finish that is up to the LCS standard.
Contact LCS today to find out how our commercial carpet cleaning services can help your business.